Sunday 3 March 2013

Moschino + Moschino Cheap & Chic F/W 2013

New York Fashion Week has passed on by and made a lasting impression on fashionistas worldwide. I was catching up on some videos of those who were lucky enough to attend the event. Moschino and Moschino Cheap & Chic's collections completely stood out to me.


Moschino F/W 2013 Collection 



I can happily admit I liked everything from this collection and would wear every item from the collection. The show begins with an array of tartan in rich reds and deep greens. The style can be described as prep-school with it's statement  blazers, beautiful blouses and pleated skirts. Equestrian hats were seen on every other model. The hair was simple - swept back into soft chignons and ponytails. Giant gold earrings seemed to be part of the theme too.





After the plaid they go back to basics - with the ever-classic black and white, keeping with the same prepster theme.




The show rounds off with gorgeous reds. I must say I love, love, love the matching red suit and dress.




Moschino Cheap & Chic F/W 2013 Collection



UGH Moschino why so gorgeous? This collection is about statement brilliance! From a leopard print suit to fur to pops of pink, if you want to be seen this Fall/Winter, Moschino Cheap & Chic fits all your needs.

I tend to gravitate towards black, and if you're anything like me, you'll probably fawn over these couple of pieces.





Animal print also seemed to be a trend in this collection. The cut and wear of the leopard print suit almost makes it wearable. But I'd wear it nonetheless - and during the daytime too.



Pink is one of those colours that adds a fresh feel to an outfit. It's youthful and it's vibrant. Moschino makes femininity edgy. I adore shift /60's vibe as they give such a modern shape to the body.




In case you haven't noticed, Moschino also happened to create a creeper with a strap and a heel...embellished with little belts down the calf. It's fantastic. Rosella Jardini, you are amazing.


As for beauty, I love the dark lip most of the models rock. Others had a fierce black cat eye with nude lips. It was all about clean skin and statement one or the other. You can make it wearable for the cooler seasons with a deep plum lipstick, sheer foundation + pink blush for a 'just out of the cold' look, or go for the classic winged eyeliner and nude lips.





That concludes my outlook on both Moschino Fashion Shows! I hope you got some inspiration from these photos because I totally want to rock pink with leopard and black blazers now.

What fashion shows did you like in NYFW? Leave a comment below!

All images sourced from: Fashionising

No comments:

Post a Comment