Monday 22 April 2013

Review: TheBalm Meet Matte Eyeshadow Palette


My name day was on a 21st, I'm finally 16! As a gift for myself, I purchased this popular palette by TheBalm. It's got 9 gorgeous matte shades that are both wearable and fashionable.


Packaging:
The palette comes in a sturdy board case that fits in the palm. I found the palette a bit smaller than expected...but don't all good things come in small sizes?

Shades:
9 shades! What I love about this palette is that every shade is different from each other, from a warm beige to a bright teal. They're all matte, which makes them very wearable.

Product:
The shadows are silky and smooth to the touch and go on smoothly on the eyelid. However, some shades don't have as good pigmentation as the others. Matt Horowitz (a navy blue) and Matt Schilling (a teal) both come off fairly light on the skin if used without a good primer/base. However, the rest of the shades seem to have fine color pay-off.

Overall: 4/5
The palette wasn't as awesome as I expected to be, however, I think its a wonderful item for those looking for an all matte palette. You get one palette with 9 shades, all which vary from different colours, giving you a wide range of options to choose from.

No comments:

Post a Comment