Tuesday 30 April 2013

Review: Australis Fresh and Flawless Powder Foundation


I've been dying to get my hands on this product ever since I saw gossmakeupartist's video which highlights on using powder foundation to cover large areas of imperfections. This product is a dead on dupe for MAC's Studio Fix Powder Plus Foundation. While MAC's costs around $60 in New Zealand, you can get Australis's for $20.50 instead.

Quick Pros:

♥  Inexpensive
♥  A matte face powder
♥  Controls oil
♥  Medium coverage
♥  Cruelty free

Quick Cons:

♥  Not full coverage
♥  Only available in 3 shades
♥  Not suitable for dry skin
♥  No SPF

You know you've enjoyed a product when you buy it once, use it up and buy it again. Well, that's what happened with me and this product. I personally think powder foundation is great since it's easy to apply and take with you for touch ups. This powder provides a solid medium coverage when used alone - covering minor blemishes and evening out skin tone. Combined with another foundation it can provide you with full coverage.

My shade is in Deep Natural - one of three shades. The shade selection isn't very wide, unfortunately, catering to those with fair to tanned skin tones.

The powder itself was created to control oil and it does just that. I usually get oily on my forehead on my T-Zone and I've had about 4 hours of wear before needing to touch up. However, when your face does start to get oily, it gives your skin a nice glow rather than totally matte.

It's almost winter here and when I apply this powder to my cheeks they start to feel a bit dry, therefore I wouldn't recommend this for those with dry skin. For those with oily to combination skin, this product is perfect for controlling unnecessary grease on the face! In winter I'll probably have to use a really good moisturiser with SPF so my face doesn't end up feeling tight.

All in all, this is definitely worth trying out. Especially if you live in NZ and you're strapped on cash. Don't underestimate this little gem by Australis.



Have you tried this product out? What did you think? Leave a comment below!


No comments:

Post a Comment